Download Free OMGF Pro – Host Google Fonts Locally for WordPress v3.4.1
OMGF Pro – Host Google Fonts Locally for WordPress Free Download 3.4.1 – FFW | OMGF Pro v3.4.1 – Host Google Fonts Locally for WordPress was designed with performance and user-friendliness at the forefront. It utilizes Google Fonts Helper API to Google Fonts Helper API to automatically cache fonts that your theme and plugins are using to reduce the number of DNS queries to speed up the performance of your WordPress website.
How does OMGF Pro Works?
Once you have installed the plugin you can select the Optimization Mode you prefer to choose between Manuel (default) as well as Automatic (only available in Pro).
If manual is chosen, you simply set OMGF up to function according to your preferences and then use its detection mechanism to detect the address you prefer. Modify the stylesheet(s) to your liking and they will be applied across your website.
When in Automated (Pro) mode, OMGF is running in the background, and it records all requests via fonts.googleapis.com and fonts.gstatic.com. When a page is initially loaded, it redirects these requests to its Download API, and transfers the fonts to your server. It creates the stylesheets for your fonts , including SVG TTF, EOT WOFF and WOFF2 formats in order to ensure the best compatibility across browsers!
Why do you need OMGF Pro?
How can fonts that are downloaded via Google’s service be in violation of GDPR? The reality is that when you request a font through the browser of the user the user’s IP is recorded by Google and used for analysis. Lifehacker
Utilize Browser Cache to reduce DNS requests, cut down on the number of times you have to change layouts and provide Google Fonts in a 100 100% GDPR-compliant manner with OMGF!
OMGF was designed with performance and user-friendliness at the forefront. It makes use of Google Fonts Helper API to Google Fonts Helper API to automatically cache the fonts that your themes and plugins utilize to reduce the number of DNS queries as well as speed the performance of your WordPress website.
What are the reasons you should use OMGF Pro?
In comparison with the free edition of OMGF, OMGF Pro comes equipped with a variety of advanced features that allow you to boost the quality of your WordPress website’s Google Fonts implementation.
- Combine and deduplicate Stylesheets Reducing external request (i.e. server lookups or, DNS requests) by combining all requests to fonts.googleapis.com/css(2) into 1 locally hosted stylesheet.
- Definition of the”Fallback” Font Stack: Reduce the amount of cumulative layout shift by correctly implementing the display of fonts by swapping and creating an (stack of) fallback family of fonts for each font you have.
- Fonts that you can preload simply preload the most important requests through your Management Panel.
OMGF Pro goes beyond the local hosting of Google Fonts and provides you with tools that can minimize the clutter caused by themes and plugins:
- Simply remove the font styles (e.g. italics) and/or font-weights (e.g. bold) that you don’t.
- Forcing that subsets are used for every font within the WordPress configuration.
Increase GDPR Compliance
If you’re using Google’s fonts, Google records every visitor to your site..
To be in compliance with GDPR law It basically means you’re not permitted to display your fancy fonts until they’ve signed off on your privacy and cookie notice guidelines… Ouch!
There are many reasons to be I’m sure I won’t need to explain why you shouldn’t..]
OMGF Pro automatically parses your website’s contents to Google Fonts as well as blocks any request from Google‘s servers no matter if the fonts are loaded via different methods, such as:
- Webfont Loader or, webfont.js
- Inline @import or @font-face statements,
- @import and @font-face statements that are embedded into CSS files,
- Google’s Early Access API for Early Access API, etc.
- Basically, anything!
Changelog OMGF Pro – Host Google Fonts Locally for WordPress
Please visit its official website to view its full changelog